Building a personal brand can seem like a mammoth task better left for the Kardashians and Elon Musks of the world. But let me tell you this…YOU can have a personal brand. All you have to do is be your wonderful, incredible self.
The marvellous Kate Toon (SEO copywriting and personal branding specialist) and I crossed paths at the Digital Marketers Australia conference, and she shared some ACE tips all about – you guessed it – personal branding. Kate revealed what you can learn about developing a personal brand from the pop princess herself, Britney Spears. She challenges you to think long and hard about your brand values and what you want to be KNOWN for. People don’t call me the Brand SERP Guy for nothing!
Some memorable quotes from Kate… “talking about something that people don’t agree with is not a bad thing”, “Sharing your flaws can be endearing”… this conversation will inspire you to drop the mask and start showing the world your true self – the good, the bad, and the “ugly”! Thanks for a great chat Kate!
Listen in to learn:
- What you can learn from Britney Spears about personal branding
- Why you shouldn’t hold back from expressing your opinion (even if it rubs some people the wrong way!)
- The dark and ‘scary’ side of personal branding
- The importance of staying true to your personal brand values
- How (and why) you should make your flaws a part of your brand
- Why every brand needs a figurehead