In this podcast Duane and Jason talk about the importance of building your brand persona and how companies can prepare for the future of search: amongst other things, smaller businesses need to take a good long look at their own branding, their customers’ needs, the channels they can realistically leverage… and building their own internal knowledge graph. Stunningly enthralling conversation!
In partnership with Wordlift
What you’ll learn
- 00:07 Introducing Duane Forrester
- 00:46 Duane’s Brand SERP
- 02:40 Why does the citation in Duane’s Knowledge Panel differ across countries UnGagged, Search Engine Journal and BrightEdge?
- 04:38 Answer: Duane’s digital footprint
- 06:12 Google Books pushing an author into the Knowledge Graph
- 08:21 How important are knowledge graphs to your business?
- 10:07 What is most important for search engines today?
- 12:12 Is Google’s Knowledge Panel for products going to help them compete with Amazon?
- 14:50 How can small, family-owned or independent business compete?
- 18:48 Branded searches going to become more important – how can you build a brand persona?
- 20:50 An example of how important it is to update your brand with your unique selling propositions such as philanthropic ventures
- 24:45 How to target audiences better (avoid the mistake of thinking you can reach and help everyone)
- 26:19 What defines your branding?
- 29:07 Why smaller businesses should start building their own knowledge graph
- 30:24 What can you do to prepare for the future of search on engines such as Google and Bing
- 31:41 Where is Google Discover taking us?
Receive a reminder by email
Join the newsletter and we’ll send you a reminder right before the livestream starts (you can unsubscribe in one click at any time).