I caught up with the SEO master himself, Eric Enge, at SMX West (Search Marketing Expo), to pick his brain about the current state of SEO, up-to-date search engine trends, and how Google is driving convergence between SEO and content.
As the General Manager at Perficient Digital, Eric leads the Digital Marketing practice and was named the ‘Search Personality of the Year’ by Interactive Marketing Awards in 2018. This man is the SEO expert and reveals astonishing insights and awesome tips to help you rank higher on Google, including why focusing on building high-value keywords is actually a HUGE mistake many marketers are making today.
Some amazing quotes from Eric… “Google is starved for good content,” and, “If you just build content for high volume keywords, you’re not producing content that speaks to a large percentage of visitors to your site”… there’s plenty more juicy tips and insights like this throughout our entire conversation so I hope you enjoy it!
Listen in to learn:
- Trends that reveal what Google is doing that drives convergence between SEO and content
- How Google’s core algorithm updates have changed positions on SERPs
- The incredible value of consistently posting high-quality content
- Why you shouldn’t focus solely on building high-value keywords
- How to use UX design to streamline the presentation of your content
- Why you need to think outside the box to create, in Eric’s words, “the best damn content on the web”
- Why you need to find new ways to differentiate your content
- How to leverage video to help improve your SEO performance