David Amerland with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
David Amerland talks to Jason Barnard about consumer behaviour.
We all know about consumer behaviour but how many of us have thought about attention management as an approach to influencing it? David and Jason dig down that rabbit hole…
But how can we as marketers manage to do this? We need to look to manage consumers’ attention throughout their path to purchase?
Kalicube Tuesdays: Consumer Behaviour and Attention Management With David Amerland.
Recorded live Tuesday 4th August 2020 at 16:30 CET.
Watch now >>
Organised by Kalicube in partnership with Wordlift and SEMrush
What you’ll learn
- 00:41 Introducing David Amerland
- 01:30 Kalicube Tuesday podcast success on Periscope
- 02:15 How quickly following creating this podcast did it show on David’s Personal Brand SERP?
- 02:54 Utilising WordLift in generating an entity
- 03:50 Google’s Knowledge Graph and the entity-based content model
- 05:22 Using SEMrush to track personal Brand SERPs
- 08:40 Why do we need to understand consumer behaviour?
- 09:30 What is attention in consumer behaviour?
- 11:00 Has consumers’ attention spans shortened?
- 13:48 How to grip someone’s attention and keep them focused?
- 14:42 Is eye contact a trigger for a pseudo-connection?
- 17:03 Building connections online
- 18:30 Can you trust a brand by appearances only?
- 19:35 Are we made to feel indebted into buying a product?
- 21:40 The use of emotional marketing
- 22:46 How can you best serve a consumer to retain their attention?
- 24:29 Educating about a product before selling it – is it possible?
- 26:00 What is the halo effect?
Receive a reminder by email
Join the newsletter and we’ll send you a reminder right before the livestream starts (you can unsubscribe in one click at any time).