Jes Scholz with Jason Barnard at Kalicube Tuesdays
Jes Scholz talks to Jason Barnard about Google Discover and other pushy features.
Whether or not this is a good thing is definitely up for debate / depends on personal opinion. However, as marketers we cannot afford to ignore this development.
How do these push services work? How can we optimise for them (CAN we optimise for them)? What benefits can we draw from them?
Kalicube Tuesdays: Google Discover and Other Push Features. With Jes Scholtz.
Recorded live Tuesday 18th August 2020 at 16:00 CET: Watch now >>
What you’ll learn
- 00:16 Introducing Jes Scholz
- 01:32 Experimenting with Brand SERPs
- 02:24 Utilising WordLift and Semrush to become linked with the Knowledge Graph
- 03:15 What is Google Discover?
- 05:15 How does Google Discover work? Clue: it’s a push technology
- 06:24 Google Discover uses the Knowledge Graph and the Topic Layer
- 07:07 The clarification of what the Topic Layer is
- 08:19 An example of how Google Discover markets to you
- 09:14 The precision of Google Discover
- 10:32 How many steps ahead are Google Discover
- 11:43 Google invading your privacy
- 12:37 A dig into Google’s graveyard
- 13:26 Google Discover as a social media
- 14:50 How do you post directly to your Brand SERP?
- 16:30 Google People Card
- 17:30 The challenge of getting into the Knowledge Graph
- 19:30 How Google Discover relates to the Knowledge Graph
- 22:34 Are there other push features beyond Discover?
- 24:08 Every entity needs a home
- 25:40 Why organisation is key for your content
- 27:53 The importance of being in control of your database
- 29:20 The flaw of defining your company as only the product you provide
Join the newsletter and we’ll send you a reminder the day before the livestream (you can unsubscribe in one click at any time).