Pinar Ünsal talks with Jason Barnard about significant cultural factors companies should consider
There’s a lot to be said when it comes to how important it is for companies to invest in adapting correctly to each market they want to enter.
Pinar Ünsal is a Search Engine Marketing Expert no stranger to conducting marketing campaigns in different countries. She’s an ex-Googler with more than 14 years of experience in the industry, and now co-founder of the award-winning agency Kubix Digital.
Attention to detail is key and for everything from the language barrier to cultural differences to the preferred payment system, everything makes a difference when it comes to getting access to a new market.
Pinar and Jason go over some rather fun and educational examples where companies overlooked language and cultural differences when trying to expand to new markets, and the different details to consider when deciding to expand to new international markets with your business.
In partnership with Wordlift
What you’ll learn from Pinar Ünsal
- 00:00 Pinar Ünsal with Jason Barnard
- 01:20 Pinar Ünsal in the Knowledge Graph
- 05:10 The challenges in translating and presenting content from different cultures
- 08:48 Examples of how marketing fails due to cultural and language differences being overlooked
- 14:44 Why is Yandex so popular in Turkey?
- 18:38 The importance of identifying which search engine and platforms are popular in a particular market
- 20:51 Is LinkedIn the answer in B2B, regardless of the market?
- 22:16 How country-specific are payment system preferences?
- 27:18 The importance of having the right social channels for your audience
- 28:38 How do different countries respond to influencer marketing?
- 31:15 How important it is to have a tailor-made strategy for a specific market
- 32:45 Your Brand SERP as a mirror to how your brand is perceived in different countries
- 34:51 One last example when a bad translation resulted in spectacular failure